You Left Me No Choice

Postby Mike McCarthy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm

06aug-2015

To: donald@crrm.org
To: jack@crrm.org
To: donaldtallman@comcast.net
To: alanno@comcast.net

Folks,

I would have left you guys alone -- I really would have. My wife agreed that all we needed to do was protect my reputation, and that we should not sit in judgment on anyone.

Regrettably, there is a rule of long standing in intelligence work. (Fifty years ago I was cleared Top Secret for NSA and ARPA stuff.) The rule is that when you lose an agent you must assume the worst, not the best, and act accordingly.

Well, folks, when you kicked me off the museum grounds you caused me to lose an agent -- me -- to lose control of the message that McCarthy was clean and uncorruptible. I therefore had to assume the worst -- that you were making a second attempt to smear me, this time with no ability on my part to learn what was going on so I could defend myself.

As a result I have found it necessary to protect my reputation in a way that may come back to haunt several railroad museums. This is the minimum I must do to protect my reputation under the worst case scenario assumption, which is the professional way to deal with agent loss. As you will learn, my defensive shield does not name any individual museum. If in the end it turns out to apply to several museums including CRRM ... well ... you should have thought of that possibility before you kicked me off the property.

I realize that none of it was personal, but you picked the wrong guy to try to f**k over.

Sayonara,
Mike

Return to “You Left Me No Choice”