The $125 12x12 Canopy

Proper insulin therapy has turned a slow death into a whole new career for me. Instead of dying in or before 2020, I now expect to live till 2025-2030 allowing me to resume my career in the music business, picking up where I left off 25 years ago.

Moderator: BlueStrat

Mike McCarthy
Site Admin

The $125 12x12 Canopy

Postby Mike McCarthy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 am

The Chinese are killing us economically. I was able to buy us a 12 feet by 12 feet collapsible canopy that, delivered deep into the interior of the nation, cost us only about $125 and was easily set up by two people.

The canopy does exactly what I want. It shelters a large work area from rain, allowing me to continue to work outdoors in all kinds of weather. As I get older I find myself wanting to spend more and more time outdoors. This is true even during the winter when I will sit outdoors in the sun wearing nothing but swim trunks. If there is no wind I'm good down to about 20 degrees F provided the sunlight is strong and direct, especially if there is snow on the ground to act as a mirror.

How are the Chinese able to beat us so handily at the game of international trade? Answer, their people are enjoying, as marvelous prosperity, conditions that would make a USA ghetto resident who is below the poverty line holler "unfair". In the industrialized parts of the nation the Chinese savings rate is something like 35% versus our 1% or so. This is capital formation with a vengeance, and the Chinese government just devalued the yuan to make them even more competitive.

Return to “The New Me”